
It was originally a picture from a magazine. I was easily drawn on that picture cause i can feel the emotions of the model (Fyi: I love sad portraits or artworks that shows emotions).It seems that the lady in this portrait is sad and everytime i look at this portrait i feel nostalgic.I use a charcoal on this artwork. Charcoal are really great especially if you want to achieve those shadows and contour effect. Shadows add definition to your work and makes your drawing more realistic.
Yes,I don't have a name for this portrait yet. Any suggestions guys?!
Our next picture is a portrait of my friend. Her mind seems to be somewhere. I'm really curious of what she's thinking at that time. Is it her crush? work? family? Anyway, I thought she was a great subject that time so i took a picture of her. I named this portrait " Falling from Cloud Nine" cause that's what her facial expression seems to me that time.

I use charcoal on the portrait itself and I use chalk pastels for the background. The background is a mixture of black, dark blue and green; then i just mix them together. I use my fingers in spreading or mixing the colors. It's easy for me and I can get the effect that i wanted as well.
Below is the original version of the portrait, the uncolored version.It has flowers on it but when I showed it it to my subject but she just wanted it to be simple, so, I remove the flowers and just keep the background mysterious and plain.

Check out the video below. Well, it's actually more of a symphony which matches the theme of my potraits. You can play this video while you read my blog or check the photos.
x
No comments:
Post a Comment